We knew that Battle Royale games are popular, but you still have to offer something intriguing and different to attract the crowd. Apex Legends, a new BR title developed by Respawn, found its way to players. Furthermore, its first day has been so successful that they welcomed one million unique players in the first eight hours.
Apex Legends is a bit of a surprising release, especially considering the studio that developed it. While everyone was expecting that they are working on a new Titanfall release, they released a Battle Royale. There is no visible connection between the two, but members of the team teased that they might “test new stuff” along the way.
In the meantime, let’s check out what you need to know about Apex Legends.
You Can Download and Play Apex Legends for Free
It won’t take more than a few minutes to download and install this free-to-play game. You can download the client from its official website and install everything as usual. Wait for your PC to receive all the necessary files and perform the updates and you are set to go. Keep in mind that you will also need Origin installed as Electronic Arts is the owner of the development studio.
It is a Multiplayer-Only Game
If you were hoping to play Apex Legends solo, think again. The game focuses on delivering a unique and exciting multiplayer experience. As a result, you will get the chance to play in squads with two other teammates. The game presents an intriguing mixture of BR and hero shooters, but if we are to judge by the initial players’ interest, the developers seemed to have found the right balance.
What Characters Can You Choose?
Considering that it is a sort of hero FPS, it was only natural to expect some cool characters to select. The game delivers a total of eight legends at the moment, including:
- Bangalore – a girl with a military background who wants to collect enough money to return home.
- Bloodhound – we do not know much about him, but he can track enemies by footprints and reveal opponents throughout structures.
- Caustic – a former scientist that had a mishap with his employer who manufactures pesticide gasses. As a result, he specializes in gas-related abilities.
- Gibraltar – a guy with an intriguing name originates from a family of volunteers in rescue searches.
- Lifeline – although born into a family of war profiteers, she joined a humanitarian organization and now looks to raise money for it.
- Mirage – an intriguing character that uses various decoys to distract and confuse enemies.
- Pathfinder – a robot that doesn’t know who created him or why.
- Wraith – a girl who fights to discover her real identity.
What about Microtransactions?
You can expect microtransactions wherever you notice Electronic Arts. But jokes aside, it was only natural for the developers to earn their money some way, considering that they are giving us a free game. The creators of Apex Legends claim that the microtransactions are fair and transparent and that is true to some extent.
You can choose between all sorts of cosmetic purchases, including Apex packs, which are actually loot boxes. It is an excellent opportunity for those who want to show off while playing. It is interesting to note that playing allows you to collect up to 45 packs at this moment.
You will also be able to purchase a battle pass to access various in-game events. The important thing is, however, that investing real money won’t give you any competitive advantage.